Smoothies and Shakes.

The below milkshake can also be made with fresh strawberries or purple grapes (when available in season). In that case I add a dollop of strawberry ice cream in the strawberry shake or a blackcurrant scoop when I make a grape smoothie.


A killer banana milkshake recipe

Ingredients:
  • A ripe banana
  • A scoop of vanilla or butterscotch ice cream
  • 1 tsp powdered sugar

I usually put the bananas for half an hour in the fridge since I prefer frozen bananas for this milkshake. Then I add some milk and ice to the above ingredients and mix well for a healthy banana shake. The banana fruitcan also be substituted by mango instead.

Make it with whatever fruit your child prefers.

For a Ferrero Rocher shake:

Take 2-3 Ferrero pieces in a blender. Add milk, some ice and sugar to taste. If you want to make it really rich, add some ice-cream to it. I do this when my son deserves a treat after doing well in his school exams.
I decorate with a round piece of Rocher on top. Whipped cream and slivered nuts can also be added on top.

Some variations-
Chop some Oreo cookies and sprinkle on top of a chocolate or vanilla milkshake. Otherwise make an Oreo shake by adding 4 Oreo cookies to a glass of milk. Add some ice cream and sugar to taste. Don’t blend the Oreos for too long if you want the grainy look which some kids seem to enjoy. I sometimes add some whipped cream or drizzle some chocolate syrup on top.




Comments

Popular Posts